M Farooq Ashraf, MD, FACS
Setting the Standard for Exceptional Eye Care in Atlanta
“Thank you for considering the Atlanta Vision Institute. Many eye care centers in the Atlanta area perform LASIK. However, I’m certain you will not find a center that offers the same level of excellent medical care at such an outstanding value.” – Dr. Ashraf.
We’re proud to introduce you to our ophthalmologist and practice leader, M. Farooq Ashraf, MD, FACS. As a leader in the field, Dr. Ashraf has personally performed over 40,000 LASIK procedures and thousands of cataract surgeries. His extensive experience, unsurpassed skills and unwavering devotion to improving the lives of patients come together to provide you with exceptional eye care.
Dr. Ashraf has been described as dedicated, efficient, skilled and precise. He has published numerous articles in scientific journals and major textbooks. His extensive credentials and accomplishments demonstrate his commitment to both his work and his patients.
A Proven Track Record of Success in Ophthalmology
· Fellow: American College of Surgeons
· Board-Certified: Ophthalmology
· Professorship: Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology, Wilmer Eye Institute at Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD
· Fellowship: Corneal and Refractive Surgery, Wilmer Eye Institute at Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD
· Residency: Ophthalmology, George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
· Research Fellowship: Eye research, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD
· MD: University of Toledo Medical Center, Toledo, OH.
With specialized training and years of experience, Dr. Ashraf has the skills and expertise to treat your individual conditions, which will enable you to enjoy your favorite activities without being hindered by poor eyesight.
Got Questions? Dr. Ashraf has the Answers!
If you would like to learn more about the procedures and treatments offered at Atlanta Vision Institute, feel free to call or email us with your questions, or come in for a consultation. Dr. Ashraf understands the sensitivity and concerns about eye treatment, and is happy to answer all of your questions about your procedure.
To schedule an appointment, call (770) 622-2488. Or, fill out our easy online form, and one of our staff members will get back with you shortly.