M Farooq Ashraf, MD, FACS
We’re proud to introduce you to our ophthalmologist and practice leader, M. Farooq Ashraf, MD, FACS. As a leader in the field, Dr. Ashraf has personally performed over 40,000 LASIK procedures and thousands of cataract surgeries. His extensive experience, unsurpassed skills and unwavering devotion to improving the lives of patients come together to provide you with exceptional eye care.
Dr. Ashraf has been described as dedicated, efficient, skilled and precise. He has published numerous articles in scientific journals and major textbooks. His extensive credentials and accomplishments demonstrate his commitment to both his work and his patients.
Technology Innovation Timeline
Bausch & Lomb Technolas and Wavelight Lasers
Atlanta Vision Institute receives the Bausch & Lomb Technolas laser and the Wavelight 200 excimer laser.
Atlanta Vision Institute receives the Intralase Femtosecond laser.
Atlanta Vision Institute receives the IFS FS150 femtosecond laser.
Atlanta Vision Institute receives the Wavelight EX 500 excimer laser.
Atlanta Vision Institute receives the Wavelight FS200 femtosecond laser.
Atlanta Vision Institute receives the Zeiss MEL 80 excimer laser and the Zeiss Visumax femtosecond laser.
Atlanta Vision Institute receives the Zeiss SMILE laser.
Atlanta Vision Insitute became the first in Georgia to win this award.
A Proven Track Record of Success
- Fellow: American College of Surgeons
- Board-Certified: Ophthalmology
- Professorship: Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology, Wilmer Eye Institute at Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD
- Fellowship: Corneal and Refractive Surgery, Wilmer Eye Institute at Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD
- Residency: Ophthalmology, George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
- Research Fellowship: Eye research, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD
- Medical Doctor: University of Toledo Medical Center, Toledo, OH.
With specialized training and years of experience, Dr. Ashraf has the skills and expertise to treat your individual conditions, which will enable you to enjoy your favorite activities without being hindered by poor eyesight.
Contact Us to Learn More
If you would like to learn more about the procedures and treatments offered at Atlanta Vision Institute, feel free to call or email us with your questions, or come in for a consultation. Dr. Ashraf understands the sensitivity and concerns about eye treatment, and is happy to answer all of your questions about your procedure.